My name is Marie-Eve, and I am a former sleep-deprived mom on a mission to help tired families get the sleep they need.
I am the lucky mom of two wonderful children – an energetic six year old boy and a spirited three year old girl. You are reading this today because of my experience with my daughter. She was a typical newborn, but as the months went on, she slept worse…and worse. She was exhausted, I was exhausted, my husband was exhausted, and the lack of sleep was affecting our life and family. I learned as much as I could about sleep, I tried different methods, but despite all my efforts at the time, our nights did not get much better.
I eventually found Kim West and we started her Sleep Lady Shuffle method right away. My daughter responded very well to this approach and we finally started making progress! And a few weeks later, she was a healthy sleeper (and still is)! The transformation was just amazing! And for our family it was as if a dark cloud had lifted from above our home, taking away my feelings of hopelessness, doubts, frustration and… exhaustion!
This experience with my daughter taught me so much. I was reminded of how precious of a gift sleep is, and how it impacts so much of our life when it’s missing. And through this journey a passion was born: I decided to become a sleep coach to help other tired families get the sleep they need.
I joined the Gentle Sleep Coach training program offered by Kim West (a.k.a. The Sleep Lady) and I am now the first person in the state of Oregon to graduate from this comprehensive program.
I absolutely love what I do, and if your family is experiencing sleep struggles, I can help! Struggling with children’s sleep issues is stressful and exhausting – but it does not have to stay that way, and you don’t have to do it alone – I want to help. I offer services in both English and French (services disponibles en français).
GSC Program Summary
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coaching certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training, an exam and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. “the Sleep Lady”) who has been helping tired parents for over 17 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of my training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- GURD and Sleep led by Dr. Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroenterologist who graduated from Harvard Medical School.
4-5 Month Old Certification
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series directly centered around how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program which I have also completed consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- Current evidence based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.